Access Palmetto GBA's eServices Portal for Your Railroad Medicare Transactions
Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare is pleased to offer eServices, our free Internet-based, provider self-service portal. The application provides information access over the Web for the following online services:
- Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) Lookup
- Claims Status
- eClaim Submissions
- Clerical Error Claim Reopening Requests
- Remittances Online
- Financial Forms - eOffset request and eCheck payments
- Appeals Forms - Redetermination: First Level Appeal Forms, Redetermination: Overpayment Appeal Forms, Redetermination: CERT Appeal Forms, Reopening: Simple Claim Correction Forms
- Other Secure Forms - Medical Review ADR Response Form, General Written Inquiry Request Form
- eDelivery - Receive Paperless Additional Documentation Requests and more via your Message Inbox
You can participate in eServices for Railroad Medicare if you have a signed electronic data interchange (EDI) Enrollment Agreement on file with Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare. If you are already submitting claims electronically to Railroad Medicare, you do not have to submit a new EDI Enrollment Agreement.
If you do not have an EDI Enrollment Agreement on file with Railroad Medicare, you will receive an error message in red at the top of your screen when you attempt to register. The EDI Enrollment Agreement is a form that is included in the Railroad Medicare EDI Enrollment Packet. If you do not have an EDI agreement on file with us, please go to the Railroad Medicare EDI Enrollment Packet page. The EDI Enrollment Agreement PDF link is located at the bottom of the page. The PDF contains instructions for completing and submitting the form.
Registration and Login
Only one provider administrator per PTAN/NPI combination performs the registration process. The provider administrator grants permissions to additional users and administrators related to that PTAN/NPI combination. Billing services and clearinghouses should contact their provider clients to gain access to the system.
To register for a Railroad Medicare account, you will need your Railroad Medicare Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN), NPI, tax ID number and the amount of the last Railroad Medicare payment you received for the PTAN/NPI combination.
If you are having problems registering or have questions, please view our User Manual (PDF, 8.25 MB).
- Go to www.PalmettoGBA.com/eServices
- Click on the Create Your Account button
- Complete the following online form fields:
- Provider Name
- Contact Name (The person to be assigned to this user ID)
- Email Address/Reenter Email Address
- Phone Number
- I am/work for: (Choose Provider, Billing Service or Clearinghouse from the drop-down selections) ´éº
- PTAN (Enter Railroad Medicare PTAN)
- The PTAN and NPI combination entered must match the information on the provider’s Railroad Medicare EDI Enrollment Agreement
- Tax ID
- Line of Business: (Choose Railroad Medicare Part B – All States from the drop-down selections)
- Most Recent Medicare Payment Amount Received or Access Code (Enter the most recent Railroad Medicare payment for the Railroad Medicare PTAN/NPI combination you are registering or your access code from EDI if you recently completed an EDI enrollment agreement.)
- Billing service/clearinghouse name and address is only required if you are registering as a billing service or clearinghouse
- Click Submit
If the information you entered matches the information on file with Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare, you will be assigned a User ID, and will be able to choose your security questions and answers and your password. Once this is completed, you will receive an email at the email address you registered. You will need to access the email, click on the verification link and log in to your new account.
Registering for Multiple Palmetto GBA Jurisdictions
If you are registered in eServices for Palmetto GBA Jurisdiction J or M, you will need to register separately for Railroad Medicare to access information for your Railroad Medicare patients and claims. You will be assigned a different user ID for each line of business and each PTAN/NPI combination.
To access information for your Railroad Medicare patients, you must sign into eServices using your Railroad Medicare user ID or select that account from the drop- down if you have linked accounts. For instructions on linking multiple eServices accounts, see section 12.0 Account Linking in the eServices User Manual (PDF, 8.25 MB).
Need Help? Palmetto GBA Railroad Medicare has dedicated representatives available to provide technical assistance and answer questions about eServices. Our Provider Contact Center (PCC) representatives can be reached at 888-355-9165 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET for all time zones with the exception of PT, which receives services from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). To connect with an eServices representative, select option 2 from the main menu for EDI/eServices. Then select option 1 for eServices inquiries.
There are help buttons and links on each screen. The links will take you to a PDF document with information about the system.
You must register separately for each PTAN/NPI combination. Each PTAN/NPI combination will have a unique user ID.
Users may currently submit attachments up to 40 MB in size to eClaims and forms. While there is no limit to the number for files that can be attached to the form, the combined size of all attachments cannot exceed 150 MB in size. All attachments must be in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
Only one provider administrator per PTAN/NPI combination can initially register. If you are the first person to register a PTAN/NPI combination, you will be registered as the provider administrator and can add more users through the Admin tab. You can assign back-up administrators. Keep in mind that these administrators will have access to all information functions by default. You can also add provider users who have access to individual functions, such as eligibility or claims status.
If you suspect misuse or suspicious use of the system, please contact Railroad Medicare immediately by calling our Provider Contact Center (PCC). Representatives can be reached at 888-355-9165 (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET for all time zones with the exception of PT, which receives services from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.). To connect with an eServices representative, select option 2 from the main menu for EDI/eServices. Then select option 1 for eServices inquiries.